Fred has worked relentlessly to bring about effective change in Connecticut. In past sessions, Fred has written, introduced, and worked for passage of the following bills:
- Volunteer Protection and Indemnification Act, which gives CT the strongest volunteer protection law in the country
- A bill that now enables fire police patrolmen to issue traffic violations at traffic, fire, and/or flood scenes
- Pet Lemon Law, which deals with out-of-state puppy mills and affords buyers protections when purchasing their puppies from pet shops.
- Anti-price gouging law
- Cell tower bill that was finally signed into law in 2012, originally proposed by Fred and fellow Greenwich state representatives.
- Buddy’s Law, which addresses the issue of pets that are killed and penalties when such acts are not covered under exemptions to the law
- The Distracted Driving Law
As an environmental advocate, Fred proudly worked on and helped pass a bill to expand recycling in Connecticut in 2010.
Fred’s experience as a small business owner, high school teacher, baseball coach, and mortgage banker has provided him with the knowledge of where government works for people and where it fails them. His continued active involvement in our community provides him with the insight and experience necessary to legislate in the best interest of the 151st District.
His involvement in community organizations has given Fred an understanding of the many needs of this area as well as real experience in bringing diverse groups together to benefit the whole. In addition to his work in Hartford, Fred serves, or has served, in the following leadership roles:
- Founding member and board member – Greenwich Recycling Company, a company which set the standard for recycling of plastic, glass, cans and newspaper in Connecticut (1991-2011)
- Advisory board member – Greenwich Council of Boys Scouts (2008 – present)
- Board member – Greenwich Baseball Foundation (2007 – present)
- Board member – Greenwich Junior Babe Ruth League (2006 – present)
- Founding member – citizens group to establish Greenwich Dog Park (2000)
- Co-Chairman – Yogi Memorial project in Byram Park (1996 -1998)
- Member – Byram Neighborhood Association
- Member – Chickahominy Reunion Association
- Member – Fraternal Order of Redmen and Knights of Columbus
- Board member – Greenwich Old Timer’s Athletic Association and the Cos Cob Association
- Board member – Adopt-a-Dog of Greenwich
- Associate member – Cos Cob Fire Police Patrol
- Member – Cos Cob Association
In recognition of his efforts on initiatives important to the community, Fred has been the recipient of the following awards:
- Uniform Profession Firefighters (2011)
- Cos Cob Fire Police Patrol (2014)
- Greenwich Council of the Boy Scouts of America (2016)
- Humane Legislator Award – United State Humane Society (2018)
- BA Political Science/History, Summa Cum Laude, Manhattanville College, 1996, with Portfolio Honors, Departmental Honors, a Special Academic Achievement Award, National Dean’s List, and member of the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
- MA Education, Manhattanville College